Thursday, September 6, 2012

Blog Description

Some of you have already interacted with me on the issue of whether an outsider mistakenly assumes you are really pretending to be the famous economist you use in your alias.  This is unlikely, to be sure, but I am nonetheless concerned that it could happen.  So below is a further step I'd like you to take that will prevent this possibility.

Your blog has a place for putting in a description.  (See the image below).  I would like your description to say the following:

I am a student in Econ 490 blogging under an alias, using the name of a famous economist as part of my identifier.  I am doing this so that my true identity remains private while enabling me to make public posts for the class. 

The place for putting in the description can be found in the Basic item in your Blog Settings.  It comes next after Title.  Click the Edit link and enter your description.


No comments:

Post a Comment