Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Typos

Since I'm authoring much of this content and doing so "on the fly" don't be surprised if there are little errors.  I will not be offended if you point them out to me so that I can make a correction.

When I was a Freshman I took a course in probability from a world-famous probabilist - Gian Carlo Rota.  Our textbook, he said, had several typos.  (He was right about that.)  He said that was a good thing - to keep us on our toes.  Were I as good an economist as Rota was a mathematician, I'd claim to be putting in the typos deliberately, to keep you on your does.  But in this case the real explanation is that though I proofread what I provide to you, I do so timewise rather close to when I post it.  Invariably errors get through that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment